All times are UTC [ DST ]

Some hints and tips on using the CPNP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:20 pm 
Site Admin

*** Don't use Windows 7 - images will only upload on Chrome or (as I discovered) Mozilla...grrr. What a stupid system!!!!

Re: Some hints and tips on using the CPNP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

I did get in touch with the CPNP and the replied fairly quickly - which is nice to know if anyone is encountering problems:

Dear Judith,

CPNP is a web based tool, which is supposed to be compatible with most of the recent browsers.

Nevertheless, a full compatibility with all the browsers is technically impossible.

Internet Explorer is one of the most common browsers, but this is with Internet Explorer that we have most of compatibility issues. Not due to CPNP, but due to Internet Explorer, which does not follow all the standard recommendations (W3C for instance).

We would like therefore propose you to test the upload of documents with another browser, preferably, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.

Remark:

CPNP is configured to limit the amount of documents attached to a notification.

In total, the limit is set to 2MB. It means that the size of ALL the documents that you attach to your notification cannot exceed 2 MB (labels + photographs + qualitative and quantitative composition).
Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding,
If you encounter other problems do not hesitate to consult the CPNP tutorial and FAQ where you can find answers to the most common questions:

- Tutorial to request access on CPNP : https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cpnp/public/tutorial.cfm

- - FAQ : https://webgate.ec.europa.eu/cpnp/faq/

Best regards,
Leonardo Camarcio
Applications Services Center

Your question/problem
I have only just been able to log in but am starting my notifications. I am trying to upload documents - specifically PDF & JPG images of labels and products. I have tried a variety of file formats, file extensions and names and seem to fail everytime. The portal is not giving me an error message but there is a red bar above the upload screen and going back to the notification area shows no file uploaded. Please advise.