All times are UTC [ DST ]

Amazing?
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:45 am 

I wanted some fabric - found just what I wanted on ebay - then noticed that their place was quite near to us - so I contacted the seller to ask if I could go and choice y fabric - he said yes.

When I got there I was amazed, a huge warehouse full of fabric rolls, 5 people in the office just processing orders from ebay and amazon and 6 people in the warehouse cutting and packing the orders, I found the whole experience quite fascinating that ebay can generate so many jobs?

Re: Amazing?
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:20 am 

I think most people buy online now but must admit when it is fabric I do like to go and feel unless I have bought it before.

http://www.caroleecrafts.com
http://caroleecrafts.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:01 am 

Was it Kisco Lilly, thats a fabric warehouse in Leicester, I think it is somewhere near Humberstone Gate? Its the Fabric Guild.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:42 am 
Site Admin

Oakland Furniture warehouse started on Ebay just from their house a few years ago and quickly became EBay's biggest seller. They now have warehouses and shops all over the country...it really can be a successful selling platform for certain types of things...

They are constantly changing their requirements for seller though...very annoying to be told you HAVE to offer free P&P (if you pay VAT that means incorporating the P&P into the price of the item and then paying VAT on it..). I already offer free P&P but am being told that I will have to offer a same day or next day service - I just listed bath bombs and soaps which I certainly can't make and dispatch in a day. This is all to preserve my Top Seller Rating which affects my selling discounts...

Anyway - I will probably just shut my ebay shop - I might spend the monthly fee elsewhere (google adwords or something) or open an Etsy/Folksy/NOTHS or something else....

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:51 am 

There is an ebay seller dealing with baby things. They started off at home and now have several warehouses as they can undercut any normal shop. They luckily have a continual new customer base, especially first time mums with plenty of cash to splash on their new born - half of which they will either never need or hardly use. Do you know of any other successful ebay stories?

Roger

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 11:50 am 

Rosie Rhymer wrote:
Was it Kisco Lilly, thats a fabric warehouse in Leicester, I think it is somewhere near Humberstone Gate? Its the Fabric Guild.

No it is Pandora's